August 11, 2009

A new adventure...

Iam sending my love,
I'm leaving now

Wilmo 11 August 2009


The summer is soon over and around the corner is cold autum winds;
It is time for something new something exciting.
It is time to take what I own,
Say goodbye to all the one I love,
Enter the plane,
And slowly wave goodbye to my family,
it is time for a new place.

“Put a ribbon round my neck and call me a libertine
I will sing you songs of dreams I used to dream
I will sail away on seas of silver and gold
Until I reach my home.”
Amy Macdonald, Lets start a band



The speakers scream out the music as I am dreaming away a late summer day in the middle of August. The words speaks to me like no song before, it was like she spoke right to me! I know it sounds like a cliché but when you hear a song that’s going from your ears, down through your body and awakes your heart like a defibrillator in the moment between life and death, then u know that this song has something to say. I am awake and I know I got to do this.

Ryan air, three minutes later, 70 £,
a printer that is about to die and then in front of me a paper with the
ink not dry yet saying;
10.30 pm, August the 12 ’09, Sweden – Scotland.

The last air leaves my lungs, a sad mom and a whole new adventure, in a country far away.

“Scotland Gaelic: Alba is a that is the United Kingdom. Occupying the northern third of the island of Great Britain, it shares a border with England to the south and is bounded by the North Sea to the east, the Atlantic Ocean to the north and west, and the North Channel and Irish Sea to the southwest. In addition to the mainland, Scotland consists of over 790 islands including the Northern Islen and the Hebrides.
Wikipedia

It is a bit strange to leave all things behind me that I love and travel to a country that I have visited once with nothing planed and alone with a backpack with hope stored inside. Everything is different even the way people look at me; will I be a strong person amongst all the others or a wimp in the corner?

The consisting reminding from my mom about dangerous things that could happen to me. “Please don’t do anything stupid, I do not want to find out that you are together with someone much older, that is using you badly” Well I guess I am not going to jump off a bridge or seek up gangs that could show me what it feels like living; but instead of calming her I just simply say;

“.. Well it depends, if his rich, then I am not complaining.”

The look upon her face, she turns into a 9 year old for a second without the sense of irony and with a red face and a annoyed look she let a tear sparkle down her face. I hope she understands that I am joking.


Even if I am a bit scared about what is going to happen; I see this trip as a adventure that will take me far away to a new level in my life. Have heard that the gay life in Scotland is not too bad, bars and clubs that is situated in the middle of the big cities. But I am still scared about what is going to happen, since everything is different and my friends is not a phone call, a bike trip and a nock on the door away.


I am a strong person and I know I will be safe wherever I go!
Stay with me, soon more updates.

Huggles Wilmo

2 comments:

  1. Karin WilhelmssonAugust 13, 2009

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin WilhelmssonAugust 13, 2009

    Nu vet jag hur man gör! Vad glad jag blev att du kom över safe. Vi har firat det med ett glas vin, lockat i huset efter dig och lagat mat till våra gäster som kommer i morgon. Just nu har vi tokregn. Ska ut och vandra med jobbet i morgon. Lennart och Rosa kommer till kvällen. Hoppas på båttur på lördag. David ratade våran bil och lånar svärmors när de kör till Malin och Fredrik.
    Massor med god natt kramar Mamma
    Pappa Bosse hälsa

    ReplyDelete