August 13, 2009

Departure; please have your boarding-passes ready and your passport open with the photo side up.

Ready for takeoff; 

A few mothers’ tears later I was finally in the air going for my new home.

Mistake nr one.

Found myself a place far back in the plane near the back exist so I would be able to get off quickly; but as you all know I always do the wrong things when I am travelling. They started to empty the plane from the front.

Mistake nr two

”…excuse me, could you please tell me the fastest way to the city?” the lady looked at me and said with a hard accent; ”Taxi” and pushed me towards a group of people. I smiled and said with a happy voice even though I was tired and the time was about twelve o’clock. ”Are you going to Glasgow?” What a stupid thing to say, where else? Well, I covered it up nicely by saying some words in Swedish. (Laughs).

Mistake nr three

Well off we went into the cab; me, a couple from Paris, two girls from some Baltic country and one Scottish dude. (I owe him great thanks, you will understand soon). The taxi driver looked at me and I said ”park terrace, please” He fingered on the GPS and found the road, started driving and this is where everything went wrong.

When we pulled out from the paring, a car almost hit us since our taxi driver couldn’t see that well, we all got scarred and tried to put on seatbelts; seatbelts in old taxi with old driver = non! Well we survived so why complain. When we got to the exit of the parking place we took a little detour over some rocks and the bike lane; just for fun. And out on the motorway we almost hit the lamppost in a ”t-crossing” as he didn’t see that the road was turning.

Well, scared as we were we tried to talk to each other so we wouldn’t focus so much on the road. And realised that the couple from Paris was actually going to the same youth hostel as me.

After 1 and a half hour drive we stopped, the girl from Poland was annoyed since the taxi driver was lost. We all said ”first time here, you got to take us to the right place” his reply was. ”It is my first time here too”. So it was up to us to find the way; with a map in my hand I guided him to the right place, and I just hope the girl from Poland got home nicely when we left her at our hotel. Cost of the Taxi drive; 130 L. Our cost 11 L person; so happy we decided the price before.

No Mistake just sleep…

While there I got into the hotel and two seconds later I was almost asleep; snoring people and someone puffing in the corner was nothing to care about; I really needed sleep!  As the time passed I woke up like 13 times because of the sun outside of the window! But hey, I checked out in time (laughs)…

2 comments:

  1. Poor thing!!! =) Men nu du, nu ska du och jag do some planes! jag är riktigt sugen på att kolla och hälsa på! /Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tjena grabben. Hur går det med jobbsöket? Vi håller på att planera poolen som förhoppningsvis skall vara på plats i höst så vi hinner fixa allt runt den innan nästa sommar. Just nu skall det bli en pool med fast trappa, uppvärmning och 4x8m. Plats från häcken mot garaget. Sågade ned tujan vid uterummet som blev startskottet på projektet.mer info kommer.sköt om dig

    ReplyDelete