August 14, 2009

“Good morning sunshine, its actually beautiful weather outside!” 

First sentence of the day.

On the way to the station, I got wrong directions twice, never trust the Scottish way of walking (laughs), but then I asked a taxi driver, believe me that was my last way out of finding the right way (no trust in them after the drive from the airport). This man gave me directions like this:

Take the next right, then left, then right, then left, and the second right and there is the station you are looking for…”

Man, come on, give me some good advice. I started walking, left, lalal, right and so on, and then when I turned around the last corner, voila, the station. My God, I actually got the right directions. (smiles).

Train, 1 hour and 15 minutes, pain in my shoulder because of heavy bag and there I was, Central Station Edinburgh.

Did know it would be hard to find a hostel, but not “7 hostels later hard”. Well got one in last second for 2 nights, 500 Swedish crowns and a roof over my head. So that is the place I am writing from now. It is a nice place, got free Internet access and I got great roomies. The thing is, finding this hostel was easy but the directions as mention before was hard to follow. Here is an example for all the Swedish readers; Kågai that’s Cowgate; so when someone tells you to follow the signs to Kågai; you simply end up in the wrong side of the city.

Marco from Australia sleeps over my head, we just found a place to stay, 100 £ for a week. Kind of all right since everything else is fully booked. It is a big room five minutes from the station. (love it). This is nice since I don’t have to consistently think about where I’m going to end up every evening.

Have visited a lot of hotels today, hopefully will the managers contact me during tomorrow, or else I’m going too :P Sara called me today, when I was searching for a hotel that I found 30 minutes later, and that cheered me up. Always fun to hear from Sweden.  Believe me when I say, I find my way quite good here in the city, but not when I create my own map on the back of a paper. Ended up wrong like 4 times today, but in the end I always managed to understand that 2 lines, + a st, and a right arrow translates to second street turn right. Gosh I’m getting tired of myself.

Back at the hotel now, sorry, hostel and doing nothing. Had a dude showing me a apartment a hour ago, nice but to expensive.

Over and out.

Wimo

No comments:

Post a Comment